Security Notebook

Friday, Feb. 8, 2019

8:40 a.m. Campus Safety officers received a report that a staff member was stuck in an elevator at Wilder Hall. When officers arrived, the individual had escaped the elevator. The elevator was put temporarily out of service and an electrician was called.

6:04 p.m. Officers were requested to help remove an unwelcome, non-Oberlin College individual from a dance class at Hales Gymnasium. The individual was located and left the area without incident.

Sunday, Feb. 10, 2019

2:36 a.m. Officers were requested to assist a student at a Village Housing Unit who was ill from alcohol consumption. The student was able to answer all questions and said they wanted to stay in their room for the night.

3:31 a.m. Officers and members of the Oberlin Fire Department responded to a fire alarm at a Village Housing Unit. The cause of the alarm was found to be smoke from burnt food. The area was cleared, and the alarm was reset.

8:53 a.m. Officers were requested to assist an ill student at Barrows Hall. An ambulance was requested and the student was transported to Mercy Allen Hospital for treatment.

2:26 p.m. A resident of a Village Housing Unit reported several items missing from their apartment. An Xbox One, two controllers, and a video game were missing. Members of the Oberlin Police Department also responded.

7:28 p.m Officers responded to the Woodland Street parking lot to assist a student who had fallen on ice and injured their ankle. An ambulance was requested and the student was transported to Mercy Allen Hospital for treatment.

Monday, Feb. 11, 2019

12:49 a.m. Officers transported an ill student from a Village Housing Unit to Mercy Allen Hospital for treatment.

Tuesday, Feb. 12, 2019

10:37 a.m. Officers and members of the Oberlin Fire Department responded to a fire alarm on the third floor of Barrows Hall. The cause of the alarm was smoke from cooking. A work order was filed both to clean the stove and install a ventilation fan. The area was cleared and the alarm reset.

10:54 a.m. Officers responded to assist with a safety inspection in a room on the third floor of Kahn Hall. A bagged smoke detector, a jar containing a substance consistent with marijuana, two bongs, and a metal grinder were in plain view. The bag was removed and the other items were turned over to the Oberlin Police Department.

4:43 p.m. Officers responded to assist with a safety inspection in a room on the third floor of Langston Hall. In plain view were two bagged smoke detectors, two homemade bongs, a plastic bag containing a substance consistent with marijuana, and a bag filled with unidentifiable pills. The bags were removed, the bongs were disposed of, and the remaining items were turned over to the Oberlin Police Department.

Wednesday, Feb. 13, 2019

4:40 a.m. Officers were requested to assist an ill student at Burton Hall. The student was transported to Mercy Allen Hospital for treatment.