Security Notebook

Thursday, April 25, 2019

12:32 a.m. Campus Safety officers responded to a report of an unauthorized individual attending a student event at the ’Sco in Wilder Hall. The area was checked but the individual had left prior to the officers’ arrival.

9:02 p.m. A student reported the theft of their laptop from the third-floor center commons area in King Building. The laptop was left unattended for a short period of time. The area was checked, but the laptop was not located.

9:24 p.m. Officers and members of the Oberlin Fire Department responded to a fire alarm on the first floor of South Hall. Steam from cooking activated the alarm. The alarm was reset.

Friday, April 26, 2019

12:21 p.m. A staff member reported a 2-inch gash in a staff vehicle tire caused by a large pothole in the Professional Services parking lot. The facilities manager was notified of the pothole.

5:08 p.m. Officers, members of the Oberlin Fire Department, and an electrician responded to a fire alarm on the third floor of South Hall. The smoke detector was replaced and the alarm was reset.

8:59 p.m. Officers were requested to assist an ill student on the second floor of Langston Hall. The student advised that they were tripping on acid. The student was transported to Mercy Allen Hospital for treatment.

11:22 p.m. Staff at Wilder Hall reported an intoxicated student who had wanted to attend an event at the ’Sco. The student, who was able to answer all questions and walk without assistance, was escorted to their dorm by a friend.

Saturday, April 27, 2019

7:02 p.m. Officers were requested to assist an ill student in Asia House. The student was transported to Mercy Allen Hospital for treatment.

Sunday, April 28, 2019

12:23 a.m. Officers were requested to assist a highly intoxicated student in the women’s restroom on the first floor of Wilder Hall. An ambulance was requested and the student was transported to Mercy Allen Hospital for treatment.

12:46 a.m. Officers responded to a Goldsmith Village Housing Unit after receiving a loud noise complaint. Upon arrival, approximately 30–50 people were observed and a strong odor of burnt marijuana was also detected. The unauthorized party was dispersed and an electrician responded to replace the detector and reset the alarm.

12:47 a.m. Officers were requested to assist a student, ill from alcohol consumption, at a Union Street village housing unit. An ambulance was requested and the student was transported to Mercy Allen Hospital for treatment.

Monday, April 29, 2019

3:55 p.m. Officers and members of the Oberlin Fire Department responded to a fire alarm on the second floor of Bosworth Hall. The alarm was activated by smoke from burnt popcorn. The area was cleared and the alarm was reset.

10:12 p.m. Officers and members of the Oberlin Fire Department responded to a reported grease fire in Third World Co-op. The Oberlin Fire Department removed a pan of grease from the kitchen, the area was cleared of smoke, and the alarm was reset.