Security Report

Friday, Dec. 6, 2019

1:14 a.m. Campus Safety officers and the Oberlin Fire Department responded to a fire alarm in the Talcott Hall basement. No fire or smoke was observed in the area. An electrician responded to replace the detector.

7:55 p.m. Mercy Allen Hospital staff requested transport for a student to their East Hall dorm. Officers responded and the transport was completed.

10:44 p.m. Officers and the Oberlin Fire Department responded to a fire alarm in the Talcott Hall basement’s mechanical room. Steam from the HVAC system was found to be the cause. A work order was filed.

Saturday, Dec. 7, 2019

3:52 p.m. Officers and the Oberlin Fire Department responded to a fire alarm at a Union Street Housing Unit. Smoke from cooking activated two detectors. The area was cleared, and the alarm reset. There was no fire.

Sunday, Dec. 8, 2019

11:52 p.m. Officers responded to assist a student in Langston Hall who cut their finger. The student was transported to Mercy Allen Hospital for treatment.

12:08 a.m. Officers were requested to assist with an intoxicated student outside at the northeast end of Philips gym. The student was transported to Mercy Allen Hospital for treatment.

2:00 a.m. A student reported loud noise and possibly an unauthorized party at a Union Street Housing Unit. Officers responded and located the party. Party attendees were asked to leave and complied.

4:11 a.m. A resident of Barrows Hall reported that an intoxicated student walked into their room and fell asleep. Officers responded; the individual was identified as a student. The student was walked to their room, accompanied by their friends. A custodian responded for a biohazard cleanup.

Tuesday, Dec. 10, 2019

11:21 a.m. Officers were requested to transport an ill student from the Student Health Center to Mercy Allen Hospital for treatment. The transport was completed.

4:09 p.m. Staff at Philips gym reported property damage in the President’s Walkway. An officer observed minor damage to a high-top table and one barstool. It is unknown who is responsible for the damage.

4:16 p.m. Staff conducting a Life Safety inspection at a Union Street Housing Unit reported drug paraphernalia observed in plain view. Officers responded and confiscated two grinders, a bong and two glass pipes. Items were turned over to the Oberlin Police. A smoke detector was also found bagged; the bag was removed.

11:49 p.m. A resident of a West College Street Village House reported a bat in their living room. An officer and a maintenance technician responded. The bat was captured and safely released outside.