Security Report

Thursday, Feb. 13, 2020

1:15 p.m. A student reported the theft of several items from their jacket pocket while at The ’Sco on Feb. 12. The jacket was left on a bench inside The ’Sco. Lost items included miscellaneous keys and wireless headphones.

10:04 p.m. A student reported that the stove in the co-op kitchen at Keep Cottage was expelling gas due to the pilot lights being off. A maintenance technician and the Oberlin Fire Department responded. Temporary repairs were made and plumbers responded the next morning.

Friday, Feb. 14, 2020

7:25 a.m. Staff reported vandalism in an elevator and two bathrooms in South Hall. Graffiti was written in blue marker on the walls. Photographs were taken, and the area was cleaned.

Saturday, Feb. 15, 2020

3:03 a.m. A student requested a Campus Safety officer to assist a visitor who was ill. The individual was transported from Fairchild House to Mercy Allen Hospital for treatment.

Sunday, Feb. 16, 2020

1:09 a.m. A resident of a Goldsmith Village Housing Unit reported that they were unable to sleep due to loud music. Officers responded to the area and located two parties. One authorized party was advised to turn the music down and complied. Attendees of another unauthorized party were advised the party was ending and were told to leave the area.

1:55 a.m. Officers were requested to assist a student, ill from alcohol consumption, on the third floor of Dascomb Hall. The student was coherent, able to answer all questions asked, and declined medical treatment. The student was escorted to their room for the night.

10:28 p.m. A student-worker reported a bat flying around in the main gym at Warner Center. Officers checked the building, but the bat was not located. Officers checked again later and were still unable to find it.

Monday, Feb. 17, 2020

11:24 p.m. A resident of Talcott Hall reported that there was possibly a bat in their room. Officers responded and checked the room, but could not locate a bat. The student was advised to call again if a bat is spotted.

Tuesday, Feb. 18, 2020

7:01 a.m. Staff at the McGregor Skybar reported extensive damage to the Skybar’s refrigerator and several missing items. After viewing camera footage, officers identified two juveniles. The Oberlin Police Department was notified, and charges will be filed.

2:40 p.m. An officer responded to a report of graffiti in the second-floor restroom in the Carnegie Building. Non-offensive graffiti was written on the mirrors with blue marker. A work order was filed for cleanup.

Wednesday, Feb. 19, 2020

2:30 a.m. A student reported hearing what sounded like someone screaming just north of Talcott Hall. Officers responded and checked the area, including Tappan Square, but did not observe anything out of the ordinary.