Security Notebook

Thursday Oct. 15, 2020

9:50 p.m. A student reported the theft of their bicycle from the west side of Barrows Hall. The bicycle is blue, black, silver, and white in color, with the words “Aspect” and “Scott” on it. The bicycle was not locked at the time of theft.

Saturday, Oct. 17, 2020

7:52 p.m. A student requested assistance from a Campus Safety officer, as they were injured after falling off a skateboard. The student was transported to Mercy Allen Hospital for treatment.

Sunday, Oct. 18, 2020

7:58 p.m. Officers and Oberlin Fire Department members responded to a fire alarm at a Goldsmith apartment. The cause of the alarm was smoke from cooking. The area was vented and the alarm was reset.

Monday, Oct. 19, 2020

10:45 p.m. Officers were requested to assist a student at South Hall who was not feeling well. The student was transported to Mercy Allen Hospital for treatment.

Wednesday, Oct. 21, 2020

12:33 a.m. A student reported that they were harassed by an unknown male while walking in Tappan Square. The male continued to ask the student for money. Officers and Oberlin Police Department responded. The male was located, identified and warned about asking for money. The student was transported to their residence.

7:31 a.m. Officers and Oberlin Fire Department members responded to a fire alarm on the second floor of the Facilities building. The cause of the alarm was rain water dripping into the detector. An electrician responded to repair the detector. Alarms were silenced and reset.