Security Notebook

Thursday, Nov. 12, 2020

2:40 p.m. Staff reported too many vehicles parked in the driveway at a Village House on Woodland Street. Campus Safety officers made contact with a resident to inform them of the complaint and advise them that all vehicles must be registered. 

5:18 p.m. Officers and Oberlin Police Department members spoke with a student after they reported receiving unwanted messages from a non-student who they didn’t know.  

Friday, Nov. 13, 2020

9:40 p.m. Staff reported an unauthorized party on the third floor of Johnson House. Officers made contact with the occupants. There were six students observed in the room; all were wearing masks and were approximately five feet apart. No alcohol was visible and there was no smell of alcohol in the room. 

Saturday, Nov. 14, 2020

8:02 p.m. Student staff reported that a maskless student was locked out of their room in Barnard House. An officer responded, at which point the student pulled a shirt over their face as a mask. The officer gained entry into the room. 

Sunday, Nov. 15, 2020

11:48 a.m. Facilities Operations staff reported that three windows were blown out inside Hales Gymnasium on the west side of the building. The building was locked up due to glass on the floor.  

Monday, Nov. 16, 2020 

1:08 a.m. Students reported an unknown male knocking on the back door to their apartment on East Lorain Street. The male said, “Hello,” and requested to be let in. Officers and Oberlin Police Department officers responded and checked the area for the individual and were unable to locate him. Students were advised to keep their doors locked and to contact Campus Safety or the Oberlin Police Department if they see the individual again.