Security Notebook

Thursday, February 25, 2021

2:43 p.m. Officers, Oberlin Fire Department members, and electricians responded to a water flow alarm on the second floor of Stevenson Dining Hall. There were no signs of smoke, fire, or flow of water. The electrician reset the alarm at 4:02 p.m.

3:33 p.m. Staff at the Hotel at Oberlin reported that two individuals removed a live potted plant from the Hotel and walked away with it. Officers located a student and visitors on Main Street with the plant and instructed them to return the plant. No charges were filed.

Friday, Feb. 26, 2021

4:27 p.m. Officers responded to a request to assist an ill student at Lord House. The student was transported to Mercy Allen Hospital for treatment. 

10:00 p.m. Officers were requested to assist a student, ill from alcohol consumption, in the third floor bathroom of Kahn Hall. The student was able to answer several questions correctly and returned to their room for the evening.

Saturday, Feb. 27, 2021

3:50 p.m. A maintenance technician was advised of a sewage backup at Harvey House. Out-of-order signs were placed on all bathrooms until repairs were made. At approximately 4:30 p.m., bathrooms were operational and custodial staff was called for clean up.

Monday, March 1, 2021

5:52 p.m. A resident of a Village House on North Pleasant Street reported they could hear some type of animal running around inside the plaster walls and the ceiling. A work order was filed. The student said they did not want to be relocated at this time.

Tuesday, March 2, 2021

9:15 p.m. Officers were requested to assist a student who was not feeling well at Firelands Apartments. The student was transported to Mercy Allen Hospital for treatment.