Security Notebook

Thursday, March 4, 2021

3:30 a.m. Officers completed a transport from Mercy Allen Hospital to South Hall at the request of a student.

Saturday, March 6, 2021

1:01 a.m. Officers and Oberlin Fire Department members responded to a fire alarm on the second floor of Kahn Hall. Smoke from burned food in the microwave had activated the alarm. The area was cleared and alarm reset.

1:21 a.m. A student reported several students in the first floor lounge of Bailey House drinking beer. Officers responded to Bailey House and three students ran out of the building. Officers made contact with one student, who said that they were of age, but two were not. The student was advised of the student policy regarding consuming alcohol.

Monday, March 8, 2021 

2:36 p.m. Officers were requested to assist with a student, possibly having an allergic reaction, at Noah Hall. The student was transported to Mercy Allen Hospital for treatment.

11:41 p.m. Officers were requested to assist with a student at Barrows Hall who was not feeling well.  Upon the officers’ arrival, the student had taken medication and was feeling better. The student declined further medical treatment at the time. 

Tuesday, March 9, 2021

9:46 p.m. Officers were requested to assist with a student at Barrows Hall possibly having an asthma attack. An ambulance was requested and officers and paramedics responded. Upon arrival, the student was feeling better and declined further treatment at the time.