Security Notebook

Thursday, April 22, 2021

8:27 a.m. A staff member reported damage to their vehicle while parked in the Finney Chapel lot. The damage was to the driver’s side rear corner and the driver’s side passenger door. It is unknown who is responsible for the damage.

Friday, April 23, 2021

12:52 p.m. Officers were requested to assist a student who fainted in Stevenson Hall. Upon arrival, the student was conscious and sitting in a chair. An ambulance was requested, and the student was transported to Mercy Allen Hospital for treatment.

1:07 p.m. A student reported backing their vehicle into a dumpster in the Wilder Hall parking lot, shattering their rear window.

Saturday, April 24, 2021

12:58 a.m. Officers were requested to assist a student ill from alcohol consumption at Langston Hall. The student was unresponsive. An ambulance was requested, and the student was transported to Mercy Allen Hospital for treatment.

2:03 a.m. An unknown person reported non-offensive graffiti on the north wall of the Student Health Center. The graffiti was written with spray paint. A work order was placed for removal.

6:52 p.m. Officers were requested to assist with an ill student who was working at The Hotel at Oberlin. Oberlin Fire Department and paramedics were on scene, and the student was transported to Mercy Allen Hospital emergency room.

Tuesday, April 27, 2021

12:09 a.m. Custodial staff reported that a staff member using a buffer lost control and shattered a window in the Conservatory Central Unit. Officers responded; the area was closed off until cleanup and repairs were made.

12:12 a.m. A student requested transportation from South Hall to the Mercy Allen Hospital emergency room, as they were not feeling well. An officer responded, and transport was completed.

12:57 p.m. Officers and Oberlin Fire Department responded to a fire alarm at Dascomb Hall. The cause of the alarm was smoke from burnt food. The area was ventilated and the alarm was reset.

Wednesday, April 28, 2021

12:36 a.m. Oberlin Police Department received a noise complaint involving a large group of students in the Arboretum. Officers responded and upon arrival, students fled the area. While checking the area, a large tree was found down near the amphitheater. A work order was filed for removal.

1:50 a.m. Oberlin Police Department requested assistance with an intoxicated student on Forest Street. The student was transported to the Mercy Allen Hospital emergency room for treatment.