Security Report

Saturday, June 12, 2021

7:40 a.m. A Campus Safety officer on patrol observed several prohibited items in plain view on the porch of a Village Housing Unit on North Professor Street. A glass bong with suspected marijuana residue, one grinder with suspected marijuana residue, and suspected marijuana cigarettes were confiscated and turned over to the Oberlin Police Department.

8:45 a.m. An officer on patrol observed that a western exterior bench at King Building was vandalized with faded writing in yellow marker. A work order was filed.

Sunday, June 13, 2021

12:04 a.m. Officers responded to a report of loud noise and an unauthorized party taking place at a Union Street Housing Unit. Upon arrival, the officers observed that approximately 200 individuals were in attendance. The party was cleared and hosts cleaned the area of beer cans and debris.

12:43 a.m. Officers were requested to assist with a student who was ill from alcohol consumption at Asia House. Paramedics were requested and transported the student to Mercy Allen Hospital.

9:30 a.m. An officer on patrol at Keep Cottage observed a plastic bag containing plant matter consistent with marijuana in the first floor common area. The plastic bag was collected and turned over to the Oberlin Police Department.

1:24 p.m. Officers were requested to assist with a student, ill from alcohol consumption, at a Village Housing Unit on North Main Street. The student was transported to Mercy Allen Hospital at their request.

3:11 p.m. Officers and Oberlin Fire Department members responded to a fire alarm at a Union Street apartment. Upon arrival, officers found a smoke detector covered with a clear plastic shower cap. The plastic was removed and the alarm reset.