Security Notebook

Thursday, Aug. 12, 2021

4:30 p.m. AVI Foodsystems staff reported a bat trapped in a window in the dining room at Talcott Hall. A Campus Safety officer and maintenance technician responded and removed the bat. 

11:00 p.m. Officers and Oberlin Fire Department members responded to a fire alarm at a Union Street Housing Unit. There was no smoke or fire observed. An electrician responded and reset the alarm with no further problems. 

Friday, Aug. 13, 2020 

2:34 a.m. An officer on routine rounds at Philips gym observed students standing outside the sauna leading into the pool area. The students said the pool had been open and they went swimming. The students were identified and warned of the dangers.Then they left the area.

Saturday, Aug. 14, 2021 

1:50 a.m. Staff at Philips gym reported that there were 15–20 students in the pool. Upon an officer’s arrival, students were observed running from the area. The students had been consuming alcohol in the pool area.

Sunday, Aug. 15, 2021

1:07 a.m. Officers responded to a loud noise complaint between Willard Court and North Pleasant Street. Upon arrival, approximately 100 students left the area. Officers spoke with the student responsible for the unauthorized party and advised them that all debris, beer cans, etc. would have to be cleaned up.

Tuesday, Aug. 17, 2021

9:30 a.m. A student reported a bat flying around the third floor of Keep Cottage. Officers and a maintenance technician responded. The bat was caught and released.

1:11 p.m. A student reported the theft of their unlocked bicycle from the bike rack by the east entrance of Asia House. The bicycle is a silver/dusted chrome BMX-style road bicycle with thin wheels, pegs on the back wheel, and the frame is sanded finish down to raw metal. The value is unknown.