Security Report

Thursday, Oct. 28, 2021

11:02 a.m. A student reported the theft of their bicycle from the bike rack north of Fairchild House. The bicycle, a silver, men’s Giant, 21-speed, was secured at the time of theft. It is unregistered and of unknown value. 

12:58 p.m. The Student Health Center requested an officer to assist a student involved in a bicycle/vehicle accident on West Lorain Street at Wilder Hall. The student was transported to Mercy Allen Hospital’s emergency room.  

Friday, Oct. 29, 2021

10:59 a.m. Campus Safety officers were requested to assist an ill student from King Building to their room in East Hall. The transport was completed and the student was assisted to their room.

5:08 p.m. Officers and Oberlin Fire Department members responded to a fire alarm on the first floor of Langston Hall. Charred paper was located inside the microwave and sink. A maintenance technician also responded and removed the damaged microwave.

10:59 p.m. A student using a blue emergency light phone near Hales Gymnasium requested assistance as they were having an allergic reaction. Officers responded and escorted the student to Mercy Allen Hospital.

1:47 a.m. A resident of Keep Cottage reported a large hole in the north entrance door to the building. An officer responded and photographed the damage. The Oberlin Student Cooperative Association Housing Manager will file a work order for repair.

Sunday, Oct. 31, 2021

1:26 a.m. Officers were requested to assist with a student ill from alcohol consumption at Asia House. An ambulance was requested and the student was transported to Mercy Allen Hospital for treatment.

2:32 a.m. Officers were requested to assist with a possible intoxicated student on the bathroom floor at Barrows Hall. An ambulance was requested. The student declined medical treatment and was escorted to their room for the night.

5:21 a.m. Officers were requested to assist with an intoxicated student on the second floor at Burton Hall. The student was coherent and able to answer all questions asked by officers. The student was able to walk to their room without assistance from officers.

6:20 a.m. Officers and Oberlin Fire Department members responded to a fire alarm at Barnard House. The alarm was caused by a faulty detector. An electrician responded; the detector was changed and the alarm reset.

Monday, Nov. 1, 2021

10:55 a.m. Officers were requested to assist an injured student in Tappan Square. The student stated they were skateboarding and fell, causing their leg to bend. The student was transported to Mercy Allen Hospital for treatment.

12:02 p.m. Officers were informed that an individual rode their bicycle into the street near Wilder Hall and was struck by a vehicle. An officer responded to the area; Oberlin Police, Oberlin Fire Department members and paramedics were on scene. The student declined medical treatment at the time of the incident.

Tuesday, Nov. 2, 2021

1:49 p.m. A student reported the theft of their bicycle, a black and blue Specialized bike, from the rear of Keep Cottage. The bicycle is registered and was unlocked at the time of theft. 

6:23 p.m. An officer on patrol in the area of East Hall observed an ambulance pulling into the parking lot followed by Oberlin Fire Department members. A student experiencing an allergic reaction had called 911. The student was transported to Mercy Allen Hospital for treatment.