Security Report

Thursday, April 28, 2022

11:05 a.m. A student requested transport to Mercy Allen Hospital from Harvey House after they sustained a head injury. A Campus Safety officer responded and the transport was completed.

7:59 p.m. Officers responded to a report of a suspicious person who barricaded the door of a room on the first floor of Wilder Hall with a chair. Contact was made with the individual, who claimed they had blocked the door for privacy. The student was advised of the safety issues involved, and they said they understood.

8:20 p.m. A Florida resident called Campus Safety to report that their son had been scammed of $120 by a person claiming to be associated with “Oberlin University.” Local authorities were advised and are investigating.

Friday, April 29, 2022

9:26 p.m. Officers were requested to assist a student, ill from possible food poisoning, in Dascomb Hall. Officers met with the student, who declined medical treatment at the time. The student was advised to call should they need further assistance.

Sunday, May 1, 2022

11:06 a.m. Officers observed Oberlin Police Department and Oberlin Fire Department members, along with an ambulance crew, attending to an individual involved in a bicycle accident at the intersection of North Professor and Union Street. The individual was found to be a student and was transported to Mercy Allen Hospital for treatment.

3:41 p.m. An officer on patrol observed a door at Orchard Kindergarten Art Faculty Studio standing open. The area and building were checked, and no discrepancies were found. The door was secured.