Assistant Coach Replaces Ramsey

Sarah Orbuch, Sports Editor

Delta Lodge Director of Athletics Natalie Winkelfoos announced Thursday that interim-head coach Jay Anderson will take on the roll of new head football coach, effective immediately. A former assistant, Anderson was named to the interim position after Jeff Ramsey was relieved of his duties as head football coach following a disappointing 3–7 season.

The announcement came following an extensive candidate search that began in early December.

“Jay will do a phenomenal job leading our football program and will be a great ambassador of the entire community. He has demonstrated the ability to recruit top-flight scholars,” said Winkelfoos.

Anderson was a defensive back at the University of Toledo and previously coached at Oberlin and Notre Dame College before returning to Oberlin this past fall.

Senior captain Zach Kisley was coached by Anderson for his freshman, sophomore and senior seasons and expects him to thrive in his new position.

“Anderson was my position coach for three years, and I was able to work with him very closely. I can honestly say he is the best technical coach I have had in any sport, and I am very excited to see what he is going to do with the program’s future. Anderson is an amazing and caring coach [who] puts in numerous hours on and off the field.”

Senior defensive lineman Jake Danko agreed. “While I will never get to play for [Anderson] as a head coach, I played under him this last season when he coached defense. I am excited for him to be the new head coach, and I believe that with his dedication and all-around football knowledge, he will change the way people view Oberlin College football both at Oberlin and in the North Coast Athletic Conference.”