Security Notebook

Thursday, Sept. 26, 2019

8:46 a.m. Campus Safety officers were requested to transport a student from East Hall to the Mercy Allen Hospital emergency room.

7:20 p.m. Officers were requested to assist an ill student at Noah Hall. The student was transported to the Mercy Allen Hospital emergency room.

Friday, Sept. 27, 2019

6:34 p.m. Officers and members of the Oberlin Fire Department responded to a fire alarm on the third floor of East Hall. An electrician responded and changed a faulty detector. The alarm was reset with no further problems.

7:38 p.m. A student reported that they left their laptop in a locker at the Conservatory over the summer. When they returned to the locker, the laptop was missing. The laptop is a Dell Inspiron 7000, silver in color, and valued at approximately $700.

Saturday, Sept. 28, 2019

3:34 p.m. Officers were advised of a possible injured student near the Student Health Center. The student, who injured their toe, was located and transported to Mercy Allen Hospital for treatment.

4:27 p.m. A student reported the theft of their bicycle from outside of Kade House. The bicycle is a Cannondale Quick, blue in color, men’s 21-speed, and valued at $650. The Oberlin Police Department was also notified.

5:46 p.m. Officers and members of the Oberlin Fire Department responded to a fire alarm in the Fairchild Co-op kitchen. A sudden release of heat from an open oven activated the detector. There was no fire or smoke. The alarm was silenced and reset.

8:10 p.m. A student reported their bookbag was either lost or stolen from their Union Street Housing Unit. The black Under Armour bookbag contained a MacBook in a light blue case, a charger, schoolwork, and football gear.

11:51 p.m. The Oberlin Police Department received a loud party complaint at Tank Hall. Officers responded. Attendees were dispersed from the area, and the party was shut down.

Sunday, Sept. 29, 2019

12:09 a.m. The Oberlin Police Department received a loud party complaint on Elm Street. Attendees inside and outside the house were dispersed from the unauthorized party, and the music was turned off.

1:12 a.m. Campus Safety staff observed individuals on the roof of Dascomb Hall. Officers responded, located and identified the students, and warned them of the dangers of being on the roof.

1:12 a.m. Officers were requested at Barrows Hall to assist with a student ill from alcohol consumption. An ambulance was requested to attend to the student, who fell in and out of consciousness. The student was transported to Mercy Allen Hospital for treatment.

9:06 p.m. Individuals running on Kahn Track reported that they heard someone yelling. Officers responded to the area and spoke with one person on the soccer field, who said they were just sitting there and hadn’t heard anything.

Tuesday, Oct. 1, 2019

10:07 a.m. Officers were requested to assist a student feeling ill in the Allen Memorial Art Museum. The student was seated and given fluids. The student declined further medical treatment. After a short time, the student returned to their class.

11:29 a.m. A student reported the theft of their bicycle, a Trek Dual Sport Hybrid, gray in color, 21-speed, and valued at $600. The bike was locked to a bike rack on the south side of Burton Hall.

1:13 p.m. Officers and members of the Oberlin Fire Department responded to a fire alarm on the second floor of Fairchild House. The alarm was activated by smoke from burnt toast. The area was cleared, and the alarm was reset.

3:00 p.m. Officers were requested to assist with a transport for a faculty member from Mercy Allen Hospital to their residence in Oberlin.