Upcoming Events

Saturday, March 11

12–2 p.m.: Nowruz Persian New Year Celebration in Wilder Hall room 212

As the conclusion for the weeklong Nowruz Persian New Year Celebration, the Multicultural Resource Commons and the Office of Spirituality & Dialogue will offer attendees a catered lunch in Wilder Hall tomorrow.

1–4 p.m.: Big Parade Presents: Under the Sea workshop at the Oberlin Public Library

Local artist Sharon Henry will  teach a course on sculpting using wire, fabric, coral, and flowers. Members of the community and students are invited to attend.

Sunday, March 12

2:30–3:30 p.m.: Dedication Concert: Garth Peacock Memorial Organ in Fairchild Chapel

Faculty, current students, and alumni will perform to dedicate Fisk Opus 161, the Garth Peacock Memorial Organ.

Monday, March 13

All day: “It’s All About the Dollar: Remembering Oberlin’s 2020 Layoff” Exhibit by the Student Labor Action Coalition in the lobby of Mudd Center

From Monday, March 13 through Sunday, April 2, SLAC’s exhibit will be on display in Mudd Lobby. The audio-visual exhibit will detail the events of the mass layoffs perpetrated by the College in 2020.

Tuesday, March 12

4:30–5:30 p.m.: “Religious Writing and Proto-Nationalist Discourse in the Vida of Juana de Jesús (1662-1703)”

Dr. Catalina Andrango-Walker, Associate Professor of Modern and Classical Languages and Literatures at Virginia Tech, will discuss the life of the Quiteña nun Sor Juana de Jesús María y Joseph.

Wednesday, March 15

11 a.m.–2 p.m.: Black History 101 Mobile Museum in Afrikan Heritage House The Black History 101 Mobile Museum holds over 10,000 artifacts covering Black history. The creator, Dr. Khalid el-Hakim, will give a one-hour talk on the development of the Black History 101 Mobile Museum.