Upcoming Events

Friday, May 5 5 p.m.: ’Round Midnight A Cappella Spring Concert in Fairchild Chapel

Join the folk and jazz a cappella group for their final concert of the year, performing songs arranged by members, including one piece written by Vikram Perry, OC ’21.

7:30 p.m.: Oberlin Orchestra in Finney Chapel The Oberlin Orchestra, conducted by Raphael Jiménez, will perform Walter Aschaffenburg’s Oboe Concerto, Op. 25 and Dmitri Shostakovich’s Symphony No. 5 in D Minor, Op. 47. Senior Concerto Competition winner Jonathan Kronheimer will be featured on oboe.

Saturday, May 6

11 a.m.–4 p.m.: Campus Volleyball Tournament in Phillips gym

Sign-ups are now open, and there is a suggested donation of $2–5 per player. The tournament will raise money for the El Centro Volunteer Initiative of Lorain. Each team can have six or more people, though there may only be one varsity volleyball player and two travel team players, or three travel team players, per team.

10:30 a.m.–12 p.m.: Dances for Solidarity Oberlin Community Workshop in Warner Center

Join Sarah Dahnke and Oberlin Dances for Solidarity in learning the Dances for Solidarity method. Sarah Dahnke created Dances for Solidarity as a way to create conversations around movement between activists and artists in New York and incarcerated people in Texas and Louisiana.

1–3 p.m.: Bobalin Cafe outside Wilder Hall

Bobalin is a student-run boba shop that will be offering classic milk teas with boba pearls at its first pop-up stand.

1:30 p.m.: Oberlin College Taiko Final Show and ExCo Showcase

Taiko will perform its final show of the semester by Wilder Porch. The introductory and intermediate Taiko ExCo students will also perform.

Sunday, May 7

1–5 p.m.: Yard Sale Study Break

Student Senate invites houses to participate in a common day for students to swap goods before graduation. Interested students can scan the QR code on the poster to join the directory of participating houses.

Monday, May 8

4:30–5:30 p.m.: Oberlin Equity Assessment Community Focus Group

As part of the City’s Equity Assessment, residents are invited to virtually contribute to a community focus group.

Tuesday, May 9

8 a.m.–11:30 p.m.: Big Swap in Wilder Main (through May 15) Big Swap is an effort to divert usable goods, like refrigerators, unopened food, and clothes from the waste stream. Bring items you no longer need to Wilder Main and take items you want for free. Sponsored by the Resource Conservation Team and the Office of Environmental Sustainability.

6–8 p.m.: State of the City/State of the Schools at the Oberlin Enrichment and Activity Center Bryan Burgess, president of Oberlin City Council, and David Hall, Superintendent of Oberlin City Schools, will present.