Review Security Notebook

Thursday, Sept. 3 – Wednesday, Sept. 9

Thursday, Sept. 3

1:08 a.m. Officers were requested to assist a student ill from alcohol consumption at Talcott Hall. The officers responded and spoke to the individual who was able to answer all questions asked. The individual went to their room for the night.

9 a.m. A student reported the theft of a yellow purse from the ‘Sco. The purse contained identification, gas and medical cards and approximately $100.

6:22 p.m. A student reported damage to their 2004 Lexus. Two long black and red scratches were observed along the driver’s side door. Members of the Oberlin Police Department also responded for a report.

Friday, Sept. 4

11:02 a.m. Facilities staff reported a bagged smoke detector in a housing unit on Elmwood Place. Officers responded, photographed the detector and removed the bag.

4:26 p.m. An officer on routine patrol stopped near the Language Maze to assist a student who injured their finger. The officer applied first aid and transported the student to their dorm.

6:53 p.m. Facilities staff reported a broken water pipe at a Village Housing unit on West College Street and shut off the water. An area coordinator on call was contacted for temporary relocation of the unit’s residents.

Saturday, Sept. 5

1:12 a.m. Officers and members of the Oberlin Fire Department responded to a fire alarm on the first floor of East Hall. Responders found a smoke detector in the stairwell which had flooded, activating the alarm. An electrician responded, replaced the detector and reset the alarm.

4:11 a.m. Officers were requested to assist with a student ill from alcohol consumption on the second floor of East Hall. The student answered all questions asked and was walked back to their room for the night.

11:57 a.m. A student reported the theft of their bicycle which had been locked to itself from near the bike rack area at Price House. The bicycle is a black, white and green 18-speed Huffy Rock Creek and is valued at approximately $120.

12:18 p.m. A student reported the theft of their bicycle which had been locked to itself, from in front of a house on North Main Street. The bicycle is a gray-green 21-speed Iron Horse Cross Terrain.

1:36 p.m. Officers were requested to assist with a student ill from alcohol consumption on the third floor of Kahn Hall. The student was transported to Mercy Allen Hospital for treatment.

2:10 p.m. Officers responded to the Fred Shults Field to assist a visitor who became ill, possibly from the heat. An ambulance arrived and the individual was transported to Mercy for treatment.

5 p.m. A student reported that approximately $60 was taken from her purse while she was away from her practice room in Robertson Hall.

9:21 p.m. Officers and members of the Oberlin Fire Department responded to a fire alarm on the sixth floor of Firelands Apartments. Steam and smoke from cooking had activated the alarm, which was silenced and reset.

11:13 p.m. Officers responded to a loud noise complaint on Woodland Street. Upon arrival, they observed approximately 300 students in the Woodland Street parking lot consuming alcohol and yelling. All the students scattered in various directions.

Sunday, Sept. 6

12:49 a.m. Officers were requested to assist with a student ill from alcohol consumption at Kahn Hall. The student was transported to Mercy for treatment.

1:22 a.m. Officers were requested to assist a student to Noah Hall from a house on North Main Street. Upon arrival, the officers found the student intoxicated and unable to communicate. The student was transported to Mercy for treatment.

2:56 a.m. Officers and members of the Oberlin Police Department responded to reports of a fight between two individuals outside the Oberlin Inn. One individual was transported to Mercy Allen Hospital for treatment.

4:03 a.m. Officers were requested to assist an ill student in Burton Hall. An ambulance arrived and the student was transported to Mercy for treatment.

9:48 a.m. Custodial staff reported vandalism on the first floor of South Hall. The fire extinguisher cabinet was broken and glass was on the floor. A work order was filed for glass replacement and a custodian cleaned up the glass.

11:55 a.m. A student reported the theft of their unlocked bicycle from the front of Tank Hall. The bicycle is a navy Panasonic with black inverted handlebars.

2:31 p.m. A student reported the theft of their bicycle from campus sometime over the summer. The bicycle is a light gold 18-speed Trek with a black basket.

7:44 p.m. Officers and members of the Oberlin Fire Department responded to a fire alarm in the third floor kitchenette of Dascomb Hall. Smoke from an unattended stove had activated the alarm. Responders cleared the area and reset the alarm.

Monday, Sept. 7

12:20 a.m. An officer responded to assist a student who fell off their bike on the south side of Wilder Hall. The officer supplied first aid and bandages.

Tuesday, Sept. 8

12:21 a.m. An officer on routine patrol heard talking and observed students on the roof of Severance Hall. Officers asked the individuals to come down from the roof and all but two complied.