The Oberlin Review 150th Anniversary

Letter from the Editors:

For 150 years, The Oberlin Review has been one of the most relied-on sources in Oberlin. Our newspaper has and continues to provide the College and greater community with crucial information about the world we live in. The Review has showcased the views of great thinkers and leaders before our time, published works that shed light on still-pressing issues, and acted as a historical archive of institutional memory.

This Special Edition of The Oberlin Review pays homage to all the writers, editors, photographers, illustrators, and more who have paved the way for the Review. Through this project, readers will experience historic moments from the past 150 years through an intimate and uniquely Oberlin perspective. It was truly an impossible task to condense so many stories into a single, 16-page newspaper: each page of the Review’s archives hid surprises, humor and tragedy, and most importantly, the insight and legacy of Oberlin students. Students meticulously curated articles during The Oberlin Review Winter Term in the Oberlin College Archives that were meaningful to their understanding of the Oberlin identity and showcased the power and quality of Oberlin student journalism. In every respect, this edition is a physical celebration of all of the love and commitment that those in The Oberlin Review, past and present, share.

— Delaney Fox, Nikki Keating

Storytelling Session coming soon.

page 1 page 2 page 3 page 4 page 5 page 6 page 7 page 8REVIEW 150 p9 reduced_page 10 page 11 page 12 page 13 page 14 page 15 page 16

Activate Search