Security Notebook

Hang on for a minute...we're trying to find some more stories you might like.


Email This Story






Thursday, Aug. 24, 2017

8:28 a.m. Staff reported non-offensive graffiti on the southeast corner of the exterior sandstone wall of the Science Center. A work order was led for removal.

2:24 p.m. Grounds staff reported a student on the roof of South Hall. Safety and Security officers located the student. The student came down from the roof and was advised of the safety hazards. A work order was filed for repair of a screen and window.

Friday, Aug. 25, 2017

10:46 a.m. A student reported that they lost their brown snakeskin wallet sometime Thursday, Aug. 24 in an unknown area. The wallet contained cash, an ID, and a credit card.

3:43 p.m. Safety and Security officers and members of the Oberlin Fire Department responded to a fire alarm on the third floor of South Hall. A malfunctioning smoke detector was the cause. The detector was replaced and the alarm reset.

7:05 p.m. Officers and members of the Oberlin Fire Department responded to a fire alarm at an Elm Street Village Housing Unit. The cause of the alarm was smoke from burnt food. The area was cleared and the alarm reset.

Saturday, Aug. 26, 2017

8:50 p.m. Officers and members of the Oberlin Fire Department responded to a fire alarm at a Union Street Housing Unit. The cause of the alarm was smoke from cooking. The area was cleared and the alarm reset.

Sunday, Aug. 27, 2017

7:54 p.m. Officers and members of the Oberlin Fire Department responded to a fire alarm at a Union Street Housing Unit. The cause of the alarm was smoke from cooking. The area was cleared and the alarm reset.

6:30 p.m. Officers and members of the Oberlin Fire Department responded to a fire alarm on the second floor of Dascomb Hall. The cause of the alarm was burnt food. The area was cleared and the alarm reset.

Monday, Aug. 28, 2017

12:00 p.m. Officers and members of the Oberlin Fire Department responded to a fire alarm at an Elm Street Village Housing Unit. The cause of alarm was smoke from cooking. The area was cleared and the alarm reset.

1:30 p.m. Officers responded to a report of students on the roof of Barrows Hall. The students were located between the third and second floors and acknowledged being on the roof. The students were advised of the safety hazards and that building roofs are off limits. The students left the area.

6:18 p.m. Officers and members of the Oberlin Fire Department responded to a fire alarm in the basement of Asia House. The cause of the alarm was burnt food. The area was cleared and the alarm reset.

10:10 p.m. Officers were requested to assist a student who was ill from smoking marijuana. The student was transported from outside of Burton Hall to Mercy Allen Hospital.

Tuesday, Aug. 29, 2017

2:07 p.m. Staff reported that a delivery truck pulling out of South Hall lot hit another car, damaging the driver’s side tail light. The individuals exchanged information and will handle repairs on their own.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email