Security Notebook

Thursday, May 2, 2019

7:01 a.m. Campus Safety officers and members of the Oberlin Fire Department responded to a fire alarm in a room on the third floor of South Hall. While in the room in question, two bongs, a grinder, and glass jar containing a substance consistent with marijuana were observed in plain view. The items were turned over to the Oberlin Police Department. Facilities Operations responded to replace the smoke detector and the alarm was reset.

11:00 p.m. Officers responded to an anonymous report of a non-student inside Talcott Hall who was not supposed to be on campus. The individual was located and taken into custody by the Oberlin Police Department and was charged with trespassing and theft.

Friday, May 3, 2019

10:50 a.m. Officers were requested to assist an ill student at Barrows Hall. The student was transported to Mercy Allen Hospital for treatment.

Saturday, May 4, 2019

3:12 a.m. Officers were requested to assist an intoxicated student in the first-floor bathroom of Harkness House. The student was able to answer all questions and was walked to their room for the night.

5:59 p.m. Officers and members of the Oberlin Fire Department responded to a fire alarm at Asia House. The alarm was activated by burnt food. The area was cleared and the alarm was reset.

Sunday, May 5, 2019

3:08 p.m. Officers were requested to assist a student, possibly under the influence of alcohol or drugs, in Wilder Bowl. An ambulance was requested and the student was transported to Mercy Allen Hospital for treatment.

8:21 p.m. Officers responded to a report of three individuals on the north fire escape at Wilder Hall. The students were located, warned of the possible dangers, and came down from the fire escape.

Monday, May 6, 2019

12:42 a.m. An officer on patrol of Hales Gymnasium reported that the south double doors to the vacant Crane pool area were ajar and the master lock was pulled from the door. There was an odor consistent with burnt marijuana and alcohol bottles were found throughout the area. The building was checked and no one was located. A work order was filed for repairs.

4:34 p.m. Staff at Stevenson Dining Hall reported damage to one of their catering trucks. The rear passenger side of the truck was damaged with a 12- to 16- inch scratch and the metal was peeled back. It is unknown who is responsible for the damage.

Tuesday, May 7, 2019

4:00 a.m. Officers were requested to assist an ill student at an off-campus residence. The student was transported to Mercy Allen Hospital for treatment.

6:44 p.m. Officers and members of the Oberlin Fire Department responded to a fire alarm on the first floor of Noah Hall. The alarm was activated by smoke from burnt food. The area was cleared and the alarm was reset.

Wednesday, May 8, 2019

4:13 a.m. Officers were requested to assist an ill student on the first floor of Barrows Hall. The student was transported to Mercy Allen Hospital for treatment.