Review Security Notebook

Thursday, Feb. 5

11:55 a.m. A staff member reported a minor accident involving a College car at the intersection of North Professor Street and Lorain Street. The car was stopped at the intersection when a second vehicle lost control on the icy road and bumped into the rear of the first car. There were no reported injuries or visible damage.

8:28 p.m. An officer assisted a student in Dascomb Hall who smashed their finger in a door. The student was transported to Mercy Allen Hospital for treatment.

Saturday, Feb. 7

1 a.m. Officers were requested to assist a student ill from alcohol consumption in Kahn Hall. The student answered all the officer’s questions and declined medical treatment. A work order was placed for lounge cleanup.

12:53 p.m. Officers and members of the Oberlin Fire Department responded to a fire alarm on the first floor of Lord House. Smoke from cooking activated the alarm. The area was cleared, and the alarm was reset.

Sunday, Feb. 8

12:02 a.m.

Officers and members of the Oberlin Fire Department responded to a fire alarm on the second floor of Langston Hall. Grease on the stovetop caused the smoke that activated the alarm. The stove was placed out of order, and the alarm was reset.

1:22 a.m. An officer responded to a report of someone burning incense in a first floor room in Barrows Hall. The occupant admitted to burning incense and apologized.

2:09 a.m. Officers were requested to assist a student ill from alcohol consumption in Langston Hall. The student declined medical attention.

7:24 p.m. Officers and members of the Oberlin Fire Department responded to a fire alarm on the third floor of Dascomb Hall.

Water, which had filtered through the roof into the smoke detector, activated the alarm. An electrician responded and replaced the detector.

Monday, Feb. 9

1:18 p.m. A student reported seeing an unknown individual enter their practice room on two separate occasions over the previous three days. When approached by the student, the person said they was looking for a friend, then left the area. After the individual left, the student noticed $50 to $60 missing. Officers checked the area, but the unknown person was not located.

Wednesday, Feb. 11

3:15 p.m. A student reported the theft of an unattended laptop from a room in Robertson Hall. The laptop is a Hewlett Packard computer valued at $800.

6:30 p.m. Officers were requested on the third floor of Mudd library regarding two suspicious high school-aged individuals. Officers checked the area but did not find the individuals.

9:30 p.m. A student staff member reported a strong odor of incense on the second floor of Asia House. The occupant of the room was unaware that burning incense was not permitted and apologized. The incense was confiscated.