Review Security Notebook

Thursday, March 24

8:09 p.m. Officers and the Oberlin Fire Department responded to a fire alarm at the Firelands Apartments. Smoke from cooking activated the alarm, which was then reset.

Friday, March 25

10:19 p.m. Officers and the Oberlin Police Department responded to a call regarding patrons fighting at the Oberlin Inn. All parties involved left the area prior to the officers’ arrival.

9:33 a.m. Facilities staff reported damage to the roof of Severance Hall. A roofing company discovered approximately 50 clay tiles damaged, estimating approximately $3,000 in repairs.

Saturday, March 26

1:50 p.m. A student reported the theft of their bicycle from the south side of South Hall. The bike is black with purple handgrips and a wide black seat.

8:35 p.m. Officers and the Oberlin Fire Department responded to a fire alarm in the first floor kitchenette of German House. A slight haze was observed, but no fire was present. The alarm was silenced and reset.

Sunday, March 27

7:17 p.m. A student reported the theft of their bicycle from the west side of Stevenson Dining Hall. The bicycle is a red “Giant” with 26-inch tires. The bicycle was locked at the time of theft.

Monday, March 28

12:35 p.m. Facilities staff reported graffiti on the west side of the Adam Joseph Lewis Center for Environmental Studies building in what appeared to be crayon. A work order was filed for removal.

Tuesday, March 29

12:33 p.m. Officers and members of the Oberlin Fire Department responded to a fire alarm on the third floor of South Hall. The alarm was set off by a student smoking marijuana. A marijuana cigarette was confiscated and turned over to the police department, and the alarm was reset.

12:33 p.m. A staff member reported that the roof of their vehicle was scratched while parked in the Rice Hall parking lot on Monday, March 28. The scratches were light and went from the driver’s side to the passenger’s side.

4:19 p.m. A student reported the theft of their bicycle from the bike rack on the south side of Dascomb Hall. The bicycle is a gray Univega Modo. The bicycle was locked at the time of theft.