Review Security Notebook

Hang on for a minute...we're trying to find some more stories you might like.


Email This Story






Sunday, Feb. 7

12:56 a.m. Staff reported an unauthorized party taking place at a village house on South Professor Street. Loud music was heard from outside. The party was closed down and approximately 150 party attendees were dispersed.

11:02 a.m. Officers and Oberlin Fire Department responded to a fire alarm at a Union Street apartment. Smoke from cooking was the cause of the alarm. Alarm was reset with no problems.

9:04 p.m. A student reported an activated smoke detector at a village house on Woodland Street. Officers and Oberlin Fire Department responded. The alarm was activated by smoke from cooking. The smoke was cleared and the alarm reset.

Tuesday, Feb. 9

8:37 p.m. Officers and Oberlin Fire Department responded to a fire alarm at a Goldsmith apartment. Cause of the alarm was smoke from burnt popcorn. Alarm was reset.

11:48 p.m. Officers were requested at Williams Field House to assist a student with a hand injury. The student was transported to Mercy Allen Hospital for treatment.

Thursday, Feb. 11

8:17 p.m. Officers were requested to assist a student who injured their kneecap during an Aikido class in Hales Gym. The student was transported to Mercy Allen Hospital for treatment.

1:58 a.m. Custodial staff reported vandalism near the Nancy Dye lecture hall. An officer observed what appeared to be a phone jack of some type, missing the cover. A photograph was taken and a work order was filed for repair.

Friday, Feb. 12

8:45 a.m. Facilities staff members reported a bagged smoke detector in a village house on South Professor Street. A photograph was taken and the bag was removed.

12:20 a.m. An officer on routine patrol of Kahn dorm observed vandalism to the east side of the building exterior, where wet toilet paper was thrown against the building. On the north side several eggs were thrown against the window. A work order was filed for clean up.

Sunday, Feb. 14

12:04 a.m. Officers responded to the report of a loud, unauthorized party at a village house on Elm Street. Approximately 190 attendees were asked to leave and the music was turned off for the night.

1:48 a.m. Officers were requested to assist with an intoxicated student at a village house on Woodland Street. The student was able to walk unassisted andanswered all questions asked. The student was escorted to their room for the night.

3:45 a.m. Officers were requested to assist a student, ill from alcohol consumption, in the kitchenette at Barrows Hall. The student was transported to Mercy Allen Hospital for treatment.

Monday, Feb. 15

4:49 p.m. Officers were requested to assist with a Safety Inspection on the second floor of South Hall. Several cans of beer and a bottle of alcohol were confiscated, along with marijuana grinders and marijuana cigarettes. Alcohol was disposed of and the grinders and marijuana cigarettes were turned over to the Oberlin Police Department.

6:18 p.m. Officers were requested to assist a student in Asia House who had burned their hand when picking up a hot pot. The student was transported to Mercy Allen Hospital for treatment.

9:23 p.m. An officer conducting fire drills at Goldsmith apartments observed an odor of natural gas. A plumber responded and found that the inspection port was left uncapped. The caps were replaced and the main was tested for leak; everything was found to be ok.

Tuesday, Feb. 16

2:28 p.m. Facilities staff members reported a strong odor of something burning on the second floor of the Chemistry Department. Officers responded to the lab where a student was using a Bunsen burner to heat plates, which caused the odor.

6:54 p.m. Officers and Oberlin Fire Department responded to a fire alarm at Goldsmith apartments. Cooking had created a haze that activated the smoke detector. The alarm was reset.

Tuesday, Feb. 16

9:17 a.m. Officers and the Oberlin Fire Department responded to a fire alarm at Dascomb Hall. The cause of the alarm was found to be a faulty detector. Repairs were made and the alarm was reset.

 

Print Friendly, PDF & Email