Review Security Notebook

Thursday, Feb. 25

12:31 a.m. Safety and Security officers were requested to assist an intoxicated student outside of Wilder Hall. After officers spoke to the student, and the student was escorted to Barrows Hall for the night.

1:43 p.m. An officer on patrol observed an ambulance at Dascomb Hall. Officers met with paramedics who were called to assist an ill staff member. The individual was transported to Mercy Allen Hospital by ambulance.

4:40 p.m. Staff reported a vehicle accident in the west Service Building parking lot. The driver of a College vehicle was backing out and turned too short, accidentally hitting a dumpster. There were no injuries.

9:37 p.m. Safety and Security officers were requested to assist a student at DeCafé who slipped on ice and hit their head on the sidewalk. The student was transported to Mercy Allen Hospital for treatment.

Friday, Feb. 26

1:48 a.m. Safety and Security officers were requested to assist a student who injured their finger while playing rugby at Williams Field House. The student was transported to Mercy Allen Hospital for treatment.

Saturday, Feb. 27

12:19 p.m. A resident of a Village Housing unit on Woodland Street reported unknown persons spray painting the exterior of the house. A work order was filed for removal of the graffiti.

Sunday, Feb. 28

1:19 a.m. Safety and Security officers were requested to assist a student, ill from alcohol consumption, in the first floor lounge of Talcott Hall. The student responded to their name and was able to answer all questions asked. The student was transported to their dorm room for the night.

2:08 a.m. The Oberlin Police Department reported six individuals pulling on the door handles of a security vehicle parked on the west side of Langston Hall. When officers approached, the individuals ran south through the north quad area. The vehicle was not damaged.

1:47 a.m. Safety and Security officers were requested to assist a student, ill from alcohol consumption, on the second floor of Langston Hall. The student was able to answer all questions asked and was escorted to their room for the night.

10 a.m. A Safety and Security officer on patrol observed a light pole on the south side of Philips gym lying on the ground. A maintenance technician responded and capped the wires at the base of the pole.

Monday, Feb. 29

11:30 a.m. Philips gym staff reported a broken window at Williams Field House. The window, located on the west side of the building, was completely shattered. The damage appeared to have occurred from inside the field house. A work order was filed for repair.

Tuesday, March. 2

6:57 p.m. A fire alarm was activated in a Woodland Street Village Housing unit. An officer responded and located the detector, which was deemed to be dirty. The necessary repairs were made.